Pages

Friday, October 30, 2015

FO Friday: Gentians Handspun

For FO Friday today I have a completed spinning project! I ordered this braid from EdgeWood Garden Studios and it came quickly with some added surprises. I appreciated these two teas, although I haven't had a chance to try them yet. I didn't get the mail until after the sun went down, so I waited to take a picture of this braid in the sunlight before I put it on my wheel.

This gorgeous braid is 100% BFL wool in the Gentians colorway. My favorite bit of this braid was the little touches of pink, but the other colors are so beautiful and saturated!

I spun this 4oz braid on my Kromski Fantasia wheel by separating the braid in half using a scale, then spinning each half and plying it together. I'm not usually a fan of knitting with barber pole plied yarn, but it's absurdly fun to ply, and turns out so beautiful!

After being washed and thwacked, this braid ended up as 226 yards of a DK weight yarn. I'm really happy with how even it its. Usually it evens out a lot after a bath, maybe because of the blooming? Anyway, it's going to join its friends in my stash for now, but someday it may end up being a nice cosy cowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment