Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Revival

I've had a lot on my mind lately knitting-wise, and I have decided to revive my knitting blog! This blog is several years old now, but it was always a casual thing, with me just posting if and when I felt like it. Now that I've spent about a year working on a makeup and beauty blog a little more in-depth, I think I would like to revisit this blog and make it a regular thing. 

I have dreams of starting a knitting podcast in order to get more involved in the community and make some more knitting friends, but my computer skills are minimal, and I'm not sure how comfortable I am in front of the camera yet, so for now blogging it is!

I love how many podcasts are formatted with different sections for finished objects, WIP's, stash acquisitions, and future projects, so I think I will format my blog in a similar way.

Finished Objects:


These cute little hats are destined to keep a kiddos head warm in a few weeks! I decided to participate in the Caffeinated Knitting Podcast's Hats for Kiddos drive this year, so I whipped up a few of these babies. They are requiring 5 hats for one entry into the prize drawing, and although I am not in it for the prizes (but lets be honest, they do sweeten the deal), I like the idea of spending the postage money to send more hats, rather than less. I had an old spiral hat I had made years ago, and a Barley hat I made earlier this year, but the little hats above were made just for this. 

I didn't use a pattern, which resulted in the pink one at the bottom being minuscule, but the other two turned out fine and I'm really happy with them. The yarn is Daylily by Nashua Handknits, and although it is very beautiful, it was a pain to knit with, splitty as hell, and - unsurprisingly- now discontinued. 

Works in Progress:


None of my knitting projects have been inspiring me much this week (there's only so much you can knit on a plain, grey sleeve) so I've mostly been spinning up this gorgeous braid of BFL from Edgewood Garden Studio in her Gentians color way. My singles are resting right now, but after I post this, I think it will be time to ply.

I've also been working on my Mosaic Sock out of Knitpicks Felici, and my Mama Vertebrae out of Quince and Co Chickadee, but not much interesting progress has been made.


Stash Acquisitions:


While I didn't get to go to Rhinebeck this year (*cue weeping*), I did score a skein of Verdant Gryphon Bugga Sportweight in their Purple Island of Morocco during their "Virtual Rhinebeck" sale! This skein has 20% Mongolian Cashmere and more than 400 yards, so it's destined to be a gorgeous, buttery-soft cowl or shawl. For now I have too much to knit so it will be marinating in the Stash until its time comes.

Next Up:


I purchased these two skeins of Regia Arne and Carlos Design Line in the Summer Nights color way a few months ago when I saw Susan B Anderson knitting a gorgeous pair on Instagram and I was determined to knit a pair too. I haven't done a contrasting heel and toe in a long time, so I found this older skein of Valley Yarns sock yarn in a creamy white, and now I'm itching to cast on! But I've got a sweater, a pair of socks, a scarf (that's destined to be a Christmas present so it gets priority), and a hat actively on my needles, so I shouldn't cast these on just yet. Waiting will make it even sweeter when I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment