Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Experiments with Fabric

I've been on the hunt for a new project bag for a few weeks now. I only had two and both were in use, but I needed a new one for my Stephen West Doodler MKAL. I looked on Etsy, but I couldn't find anything I was in love with, so I decided to make my own!

I'd made box bags before, but never with a lining fabric, so I headed out to Joann's for their Veterans Day sale and picked out a few of my favorite fabrics. My mom had a few extra Doctor Who fabrics she had accumulated over the years (apparently not being able to sew didn't stop her from buying fabric), so I decided to make her some too.
The first bag I made was a drawstring bag. I wanted a short, open bag to keep my Doodler in because it's a multi-skein project and I like the wide opening for keeping and untangling multiple skeins. The "Snug as a Fox" fabric is the absolute cutest fabric I found, and I was so happy to get an adorable bag out of it!

For my second bag, I wanted a taller zippered bag out of some cute Christmas Fabric I found. I was really proud of myself for figuring out how to turn it without using any tutorials, but on the next bag, I will put the hole in the lining fabric instead of the exterior fabric.


I had a great time making these, and I'm already on the hunt for more fabric and thinking of different sizes to make. In fact I loved making these so much, I think I will make a few for my Etsy shop! If they sell well, I will make them a normal section of my shop. I will make a few more to hone my skills a little further, but expect to see them in my shop later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment